LIfe sometimes seems boring, if you're afraid to dare and have new experiences.
I tell you, even if you've heard it a thousand times, you better do things and then regret than regret of haven't done them.
I guess that's what we call life, that's how it works, we fall and then walk again. :)
Some tips I'd like to give you to have a more adventurous life are..
- don't be afraid, you're just like everyone else, be the way you happen to be, don't worry!
- explore! :) Have you ever explored your whole town? My mother told me she used to walk in the streets without even looking at the street's name, I mean, without knowing where she was going. I was downtown this summer and I decided to do it, I discovered some new places I had never seen before.
- are you a curious person, do you like to always know more, discover, and understand? Well, I am, I like to watch television quizzes, documentaries, in Italy we have a tv channel full of documentaries about places in the world you've never seen like Kazakhistan or some deserts, and they talk with the people from there. Watching this documentaries opens my eyes, and my mind!
- collect! (you're saying mhm..what??) well, I used to collect stupid and unuseful stuuf, like m&m's packets, and stuff, but you may collect interesting , original things like stones, leaves, or even the more common stamps. Oh, I also collect postacards and candy papers I liked..
I also really like elephants and I'd like to collect elephants stuff but that's not very interesting.
- Do crazy (but safe) things- I don't wanna sound like your mother, saying stay safe etc. etc. but yeah I mean life adventures, do things you usually wouldn't do, like.. I don't know, go on an air balloon, or go hiking, try bungee jumping (yes I know it's quite a classic of the bucket lists) and you may also write your own "Adventurous Bucket List"
- Travel!!! And when you travel, I mean trying to understand different cultures, religions, talking with the native people, trying typical foods, exchange two words with the people in the restaurant you go to.. yes, just.. discover, talk, find out what you like about that culture.. and what you didn't know!
- You don't need to go to Singapore or New Zealand to have amazing incredible never-heard-about-it experiences, I bet in your own country you can have several!
Go to natural parks, go snorkeling, have a trip to the mountains, go skiing, just go for a walk in your block, but try to discover and feed you will to know more about the world
- Television news may sometimes be fake, or boring, or just depressing. I know.
Anyway, don't you feel involved and proud when you know something new about your country, the politic of these days, the economy, how it all is going? I do.. I remember even I'm not 18 yet, I'm a citizen, and I have a role! For example some school do projects about economical or social themes, why don't youtake part in them?
- You can write your adventure book, but you probably have one already, or you may take lots of photos while you're travelling or just walking around, and you may print some, paste them in your journal, or on your walls.
When you go to the sea, you can collect seashells and well, what I'm trying to say is, some things may seem unuseful but they're pretty and they can remind you of your good times with your family or alone.
Try and listen to different kinds of music! Me and my school mates have written a research about tex-mex culture, the food and the music.
I've found out tex mex music, like Flaco Jimenez or Ry Cooder, has a catchy and joyful sound!
Isn't it nice when you discover an artist or music genre, maybe not very famous, who you enjoy listening to?
Live, and do not be afraid of your choices. I think you can repare to them if you really want to. Maybe, not always, or it may take a lot of time.
But, in my personal opinion, not daring and not trying won't make your life easier nor enjoyable.